Saturday, July 19, 2008

Olympic Games

I've been getting e-mail updates this entire week about things I need to do to prepare myself for China. My volunteer program, CC International, has given us the list of Olympic events that we can choose from. They really hooked everyone up because everyone will get to see 4 Olympic events. They have tickets for nearly every event including Taekwondo, Canoe/Rowing, Track & Field, Gymnastics, Baseball, Basketball, etc. I'm thinking my events are going to go along the lines of Beach Volleyball, Mens/Womens Track & Field, Tennis and Water Polo. But, of course, that is all subject to change once I talk to Devon and Jimmy.

Devon, for those of you who don't know her, is my friend at Fordham who introduced me to CC International. She lived above me in Alumni Court North and we've been good friends ever since. She'll probably try and keep me from eating seahorses on a stick, fried scorpions, bugs, and small animals. I'll probably try one of those anyway though!

Also, I got an e-mail from my school saying that they rearranged the class schedule. I'm usually pessimistic about changes because sometimes my luck doesn't work out and I get the short end of the stick, but in this case, it worked out just fine. Actually, my new schedule is much better! Here it is:

Monday: Chinese 9:50-12:20PM
Tuesday: Chinese 9:50-12:20PM, Arts of China 1:30-4:15PM, Business Finance 4:30-7:15PM
Wednesday: Intro to Buddhism 7:30-10:15PM
Thursday: Chinese 9:50-12:20PM, Fundamentals of Marketing 4:30-7:15PM
Friday: Chinese 9:50-12:20PM

Yes, you read that correctly, Wednesday I have a class until 10PM. It's actually not that bad and I guess no matter what country I'm in I'll always have a night class on Wednesdays. At Fordham, I haven't gone a semester without taking Chinese class for 3 hours on Wednesday nights. This past year, I didn't return to my dorm until nearly 11PM. I'm used to it by now, so in China it won't be much different.

That is all for now. I'll let you know on Monday which Olympic games I'm going to see.

No comments: