Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 12: It's Not Goodbye, It's See You Later

The next day, I was exhausted beyond all means. We had a chance to pack really fast, and us facis had to get ready for our trip to Vienna and Budapest. I had already packed the day before during one of the breaks, but I was so tired I could barely function (that’s becoming a common theme have you noticed?). After breakfast, everyone had an hour to move out. We put everything in the plenary room, and gave them free time to take pictures, write Sugarcubes (notes that are put in special envelopes to be read a few days after going home from camp), and to do whatever they had to do. In between all the pictures and gifts from the students, I managed to write a note to every single student from Camp 1. I’m really going to miss them. We gave Jenny a bottle of wine, as a token of our appreciation as facis for all her dedication and work to MBM. I had received an MBM polo on day 6 and all the facis (including myself) had received a bottle of Moravian wine, hand made in the Czech Republic!! I received a few gifts from some of the students and I gave a few extra things away too. The bus came shortly after noon, and we made our way to Velke Marichi (spelling is wrong, I know!) The final goodbyes were the hardest, with everyone getting sobby and tearful, but I know deep down that I’ll be seeing some of these students for sure sometime in the future. I know it.
As I’m preparing for the second camp, I know that I have to keep an open mind and not compare the next group to the first and to do everything bigger and better than before. We’ve done it once, so now it’s time to do it again. By today however, I’ll be finishing the second camp, with a whole new set of stories to share, but unfortunately you won’t get to hear about camp two, and I think hearing about one camp is just fine! I should be returning to Prague today, to be updating my blog and celebrating one of the most wonderful summer jobs I’ve ever had in my life. It was certainly one rewarding life experience that I’ll never forget!

No comments: