Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kids and Trams

"Kids"

One of the first couple days I was living in Prague, I was walking to the train station by myself to find a school group climbing the hill. There was a teacher and little kids lined up single file in two lines. As I passed by the class, I smiled at their plastic bookbags and little kid clothing. The boys in shorts with their socks pulled up high and the girls with their pigtails and shorts, you could tell they were ready for a field trip. I passed the class and laughed at the simple nature of kids, but thought it was even funnier when I passed the second teacher with two boys who just couldn't make it up the hill without having to go to the bathroom. With no where to go, they obviously had to make a pit-stop, while the rest of the class waited further up the hill. When I passed them though, their pants were down and their butts hanging out while myself, and a few other people commuting to work, walked past them. I couldn't help but laugh. Childhood is clearly universal. Kids will be kids and they will always wait until just the right moment to tell you they have to go to the bathroom.

"Trams"

I may have mentioned that Prague has an extensive network of trams and railways. I'm actually in awe of the amount of public transportation that is used every day for such a small town. Prague is only 1.5 million people, but if you take a look at their subway, trams, and train map, you can see that this city has a lot of ways to get around. It's pretty cool.

No comments: